Graviner Mark 6 Oil Mist Detector
The sensitivity of early oil mist detectors enabled very advanced warnings to be given of incipient bearing failures. In two-stroke engines, warnings were given up to 5-6 hours before any problems became apparent. As engine design improved, power outputs and bearing loads increased and tolerances to failure rapidly decreased. To keep pace with these trends, oil mist detector design improved in terms of better sampling and faster response times.
The time has now arrived where no further fundamental improvements can be made to existing system concepts, so a radical reappraisal of Oil Mist Detector operating principles was required. The new Graviner Mk6 OMD is the result.
• Multi-engine capability
• High scan rate - 64 detectors in1.2 sec.
• Complete flexibility – up to 8 engines on a single system
• Pipe-free installation
• Compact detectors mounted on engine with plug/socket connection
• Control unit located in engine control room or other suitable location,
connected to detectors via junction box
• Low initial cost and simple to extend
• Simple cable run between engine and control unit
• 24v DC operation
• No air supply or extractor fans needed
• Event Log